A detailed itinerary will be provided upon 4WD Tour booking and payment of the tour deposit.
NOTES: This Extended Tour will be subject to the WA Border being open and/or being able to get CSR Permits (as they weren't issued last year).
: The WA Government may have a Border Transition program in place at that time that will determine interstate traveller access requirements (e.g. proof of Vaccinations, current COVID Testing requirements, etc.). Please understand this is beyond our control, but we'll keep you updated as soon as we can.
Canning Stock Route - June and July 2023
25 Days Total - Extended 4WD Tag along Tour
The 'Canning Stock Route' - 18th of June to 12th of July, Wiluna to Alice Springs (inclusive)
$5800.00/vehicle - 25 Days Total Cost (incl. GST) per vehicle – 2 people (Additional costs for extra adults or children)
Canning Stock Route (CSR) - Western Australia
Degree of Difficulty
Moderate to Advanced 4WDriving
Some prior 4WD experience in sand & rocks would be useful and we will help you along the way and/or perhaps you’d like to attend one of our Driver Training Courses prior to the trip.
Type of Camping
Swags and Tents and Roof Top tents only
Bush camps and Powered camping sites.
Camping fees, Aboriginal Lands Permits & Desert Parks Passes fees included
3000 km’s approx. (Wiluna to Alice Springs)
Minimum of 3 (Three) vehicles required to run the tours.
All our 4WD Tag along Tours are Eco-Accredited and we are a Licensed Tour Operator with 'Advanced Ecotourism', 'EcoStar' & 'ROC' Accreditations.
Days 1 - 22
We leave Wiluna as we begin our iconic journey along the Canning Stock Route. We head out to Wells 1, 2 & 3 and Well 3A and then on to Windich Springs through Granite Peak Station to Well No. 5 and make our way northwards. For the next 22 days we traverse the CSR visiting the Wells, numerous Springs, Pools & scenic hills, salt lakes and cross many sand dunes as we cover 1800km of one of the remotest tracks on earth, and arguably Australia's hardest 4WD Track! Some of the Wells have been restored and getting drinking water from some of them is possible but we can't rely on it, so you need to carry plenty of water. We will make some small detours to visit special spots along the route and we have a rest day Durba Springs and take a chance to have a swim if it's not too cold.
Day 23 - 25
We complete the CSR at Bililuna and hit the iconic Tanami Track as we head south east for Alice Springs to complete our epic journey and have our 'End of Tour dinner' and a chance to relive the tour highlights!!
1. This is an Extended 25 Day Tag along Tour.
3. Price includes all Aboriginal Lands Permit fees, Desert Parks Passes, CSR Permits, all Caravan Park & Camping fees and an 'End of Tour' dinner at Alice Springs
4. All vehicles to have Rated Recovery Points fitted if possible for your vehicle.
5. All vehicles to have at least 50% tread on All Terrain tyres on your vehicle.
6. Fuel is available at Kunawarritji Community and Billiluna, but you will almost certainly need to carry fuel depending on the literage of your main fuel tank.
7. Fuel at Kunawarritji Community will be around $3.50/Lt., please budget for that.
8. All vehicles to carry some firewood, as it is scarce at the various campsites.